Higher Education Commission of Pakistan invited out applications for the USAID Funded Merit & Needs Based Scholarship Program 2016. Here in this post we are coming up with the details and eligibility criteria for these Scholarships.
Last Date of Submission of Application: Not Mentioned.
Eligibility Criteria for the USAID Scholarships.
1. The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
2. Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the prescribed disciplines at the selected 31 Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions
a. Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences
b. Business Administration
c. Social Sciences
d. Engineering & Technology
I. Agricultural (incl. Veterinary Sciences and Bio Technology)
II. Social Sciences includes (Peace &Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Linguistics, Law, Communication and Media studies, International Relations, and Psychology)
III. 50% Female Seats: Women’s participation in the education sector is very low. This is to ensure that at least 50% of the awarded scholarships go to women. This allocation is especially for those coming from remote and vulnerable areas of Pakistan, who are financially needy and meet admission criteria of the selected 31 partner universities
3. Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
4. Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
5. The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined by the financial background of his/her family.
How to Apply Online for USAID Funded Merit & Needs Based Scholarship Program 2016
The deserving students can apply online for USAID scholarships by clicking on below given link.
After submission of Online application, Save and print. The printed Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the Financial Aid Office of university for which online application is submitted.
Students need to get admission in any one of the approved disciplines (Agriculture & Veterinary sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering & Tech, Medical) at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
Please note that partial scholarship for already enrolled students is not covered under this program.
USAID Funded Merit & Needs Based Scholarship Program 2016 Advertisement